With Lite Internet Speed Test, you can test your current internet speed and shows what speed your device can reach.
The vital point is that, speed given from your current ISP (internet service provider) and your accepted speed package should be same or similar.
Internet speed test shows your device download and upload speed and ping latency. Download speed based on generally from service providers commitments.
Your result of download speed and ISP (internet service provider) promised speed should be the same.
Best Online Internet Speed Tests
Speedtest.net: This service is offered by Ookla and lets you perform parallel stream tests for accurate speeds, or a single connection mode to simulate downloading a single, large file. You can use Speedtest on all your devices with our free desktop and mobile apps.
Fast.com: One of the easiest online tests you can perform is the one at Fast.com. In seconds, Fast.com’s simple Internet speed test will estimate your ISP speed. All you must do to run the test is visit the site!
Run Internet Speed Test Online
How the Lite Internet Speed Test Works
When you start your internet speed test, it identify your location and get the best speed test server to meause your speed. After selecting server from your nearest location sended simple ping package and waited for answer from server. Internet Speed Test measure the outgoing and return of your ping in miliseconds.
After the ping signal a download begins. During the Internet Speed Test opened concurrent connection to server and with this connection downloaded very simple packages to your device. At that point speed test measure which time you can get the data and calculate the using data consumtion on this process.
To start the Lite Internet Speed test, only you have to do is open the page. It should be start in automatically. If speed test ended and you want to restart the test, you can click the start speed test button again. You can stop the test by about button in any time during the speed test.
The points should consider before Lite Internet Speed Test
For get the right result from Internet Speed Test, you need to carefull of the steps below. You can start speed test after check these steps:
1. Restart your modem/router: Your router or dsl connection if runs continuously days after days, its ram buffer and cpu could be tired. Before running speed test close your internet device, wait 10 seconds and start again. With this process you can get new assigned ip and fully performed internet device.
2. Close data consumption programs or apps: If your phones or computers using your download from another process, you will get worst result from internet speed test. With this reason you need to close all your data using apps before speed test.
3. Close all the webpages except Lite Internet Speed Test: When you running speed test on your computer or phone, applications and websites working on background will give you wrong result on speed test. You need to close all tabs for getting better result.
4. Only connect speed test device to your modem: When different devices connected to modem, they can use your bandwith with the same time at running speed test. If you are not using other devices as well, they can slow down your internet speed. For this reason any device except your test device, you need to close network connection.
5. Get close to modem/router: Distance between your device and your modem effect your internet speed. To get better result you need to close to your modem/router with your device working on speed test.
Meaning of Lite Internet Speed Test results
You will shown after running internet speed test. These results meaning of:
1. Download Speed: Mega Bits Per Second (Mbps) unit on your download speed of your device. If your connection getting slow, you need to check this speed first. Its promised speed from your ISP (Internet Service Provider). It will refer the rate of the digital data is transferred from the Internet to your device. It should be generally greater than upload speed.
2. Upload Speed: The transferred data rate of your device to Internet servers. With getting best of your video call, online gaming and upload files you need to check your upload speed. Better upload speed gives you better usability of internet.
3. Ping: Ping (Packet Internet Network Groper) gives you the reaction between internet servers from your device. It will getting bigger on distance between the servers you are trying to connect. Ping speed on online gaming, it is delay between the players input and the servers response to those inputs. Lag is a impact on time it takes for an action. When you try to access Youtube, Netflix and other websites and apps, it could cause the frozen of your device if its bigger.
Ping Times (milisecond)
0,1 – 10 Very Good – All internet activities performed well. You can watch video without breakdown.
10 – 30 Good – All internet activities performed well. You can watch video without breakdown.
30 – 40 Ideal – You can play online game. You can watch video without breakdown.
40 – 60 Average – You can play game if the servers not full. You can watch video without breakdown.
60 – 80 Fair – You can play game if the servers not full. Video playing not effected.
80 – 100 Bad – You cannot play online game. Video playing could froze sometimes.
+ 100 Very Bad – You cannot play online game and hard to watch videos.
Ideal download speed, what is Mbps?
Mbps (Mega Bits Per Second olan) is data transferred in one second. Its the standard of measuring internet speed. Internet usage on your home, most of your usage will occur from watching videos, movies, instagram, facebook and listening songs and playing games. Especially the quality videos need will consumpt most of internet bandwith.
For getting ideal internet speed you need to consider two factor:
1. How many people the same internet
2. Average speed of the internet users and their activities on internet.
The typical online game with high-definition graphics needs an upload speed of at least 1-2 Mbps.
For watching video on Netflix, the minimum speed required is about 3Mbps for standard streaming and 5Mbps for HD.
If it is Ultra HD you want to watch, you typically need at least 15Mbps for YouTube, while it is 25Mbps for Netflix or Amazon Prime Video.